|http://www.faithmoorpark.com||Updated October 25 2008|
Worship Services 8:00am Traditional 10:15am Contemporary
Faith Lutheran Church, responding to God's grace and guided by His word, acts with genuine care as we search for those who are separated from Christ, carrying His message of salvation and binding all together so that all may grow toward spiritual maturity.
Taking Faith F.A.R.T.H.E.R. -- Taking Faith into the Future
What is F.A.R.T.H.E.R.?
It's a process and it's people - working together to develop a vision for the future of Faith Lutheran Church in Moorpark, to translate that vision into plans and then move those plans into reality. As such F.A.R.T.H.E.R. will guide all our ministries and activities, and will become the filter though which all our goals and actions will be evaluated and justified.
- Faithful to the Word of God
- Aware of where we've been
- Ready to go where we're led
- Thankful for all good things
- Hearts full of love for all
- Enthusiastic in mission
- Refreshed every day by grace
- Grace Alone
- Faith Alone
- Scripture Alone
Our Core Values
- Independence - Our teaching will always conform to the truth of God revealed in the Gospel and our practice will be guided by the openness and freedom of God's grace before our commitment to the limitations of tradition and man made rules.
- Compassion - Because Christ sacrificed Himself for us, we act with genuine care and love as we serve those experiencing spiritual or physical difficulties in their lives.
- Outreach - We will go and search for those alone and separated from Christ carrying His message of salvation to all people.
- Nurture - We accept people wherever they are in their spiritual journey, help them grow toward spiritual maturity, and equip them for active ministry.
- Fellowship - we sense the Holy Spirit at work binding us to each other in profound personal and spiritual relationships.
We believe and teach the historic Christian faith, as presented in...
- The Bible
- The Three Ecumenical Creeds
- The Apostles' Creed
- The Nicene Creed
- The Athanasian Creed
- The Lutheran Confessions
...and as confessed in the Apostles' Creed:
I believe in God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth.
And in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried. He descended into hell. The third day He rose again from the dead. He ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of God, the Father Almighty. From there He will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic* church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen.
* "catholic" = whole, universal, inclusive. This is the original wording and meaning.
We're Part of the Picture You Had in Mind...
Learn about the people of Faith Lutheran in Moorpark California.